Contact me at:

Sunday, February 22, 2009

#3 My first attempt at a landscape...


My third painting was my first attempt at a "landscape." It's the Pt. Vicente Lighhouse in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA. I liked some things about it BUT, it was too fractured, proportions of tree to lighthouse were not correct and my "ocean" horizon was way off..... I am trying to paint, "loser," trying not to be so literal..... if I can learn that lesson, I will progress. I went back and tried to fix it...... BIG mistake...... the painting no longer exists.........! I didn't and still don't have the ability to rehabilitate a painting after most of the work is done. Trying to recreate the values with new paint is a skill I don't have yet. Plus, I tried to "overthink" it. I created a monster and really messed it up. However, I will attempt this one again. I wished I had kept it in it's original form as shown here. It was what it was... Painted in October of 2008....

No comments: