Contact me at:

Sunday, February 22, 2009

#6 Painting with CW...



In November, (2008) I was once again in Indiana. CW CWMundy.com invited me to paint with him. Needless to say, I was excited but somewhat "intimidated." CW put me at ease and we proceeded to paint side by side. He just told me to do what he did. I learned so much that day, just as he said I would. I learned his technique of, "marbilization," how to mix pots of paint and how to, "load" my brush among other things.

He got me to focus more on values and shapes as opposed to the actual subject matter. A lesson learned but the implementation of which, still seems to elude me. I understand it, just can't do it well........I am trying to incorporate the, "lessons" I learned that day. It's a slow process for sure BUT, I will get it! Thanks CW for a great day spent with an old friend!!!


1 comment:

Deborah Weir said...

You look all together happy as a clam!