Contact me at:

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Painting at Sweetwater Lake in Indiana

#1 "The Point" 8x10
#2 "Red Canoe" 8x10
These are the two 8x10s I painted on the dock. Both took about an hour each. #1 is a view of the point across from mom's. #2 is the canoe on Bill's dock. I did #2 entirely with a palette knife. That was fun but struggled. Really needed to go back in on this one and clean up that mess of a reflection of the canoe! That is problematic as both paintings have found themselves on the wall at the Ah Kum On Inn back in Indiana! Maybe next time I'm back I can clean that up a bit. Fun day!!!
It was a great day! Victoria Gillieron and I headed south to mom's cottage at the Sweetwater Lake in Brown County, IN. The weather was perfect and we both completed two paintings......

1 comment:

Tom Cochrun said...

that is a great and classic hoosier scene. just gorgeous...but Lana and I both want to see the paintings!!