Contact me at:

Monday, December 26, 2011

#57 "Homer Cabin" 3x5 oil on canvas


On a previous trip to Alaska, sister Deb and I snowshoed back to this cabin. It belongs to her friends Rita and Bill.  It was a beautiful spot and it snowed on our way in. Finally the snow stopped and I went outside and took a photo of the cabin and the warm glow of light coming thru the window.....  Magical spot!!! Visited there this past summer but it didn't look like this!!!!

Once again, I simply used the palette knife..... These look really cool on a small wooden easel!

1 comment:

deb said...

Just looked at the Homer cabin again.....The snow really makes you feel like you were hunkered in for a storm. I like the blues where placed. The cabin suggests just what you wanted, warmth and old and log-ish. You got the snow and tucked in the cabin.. nice job.