Contact me at:

Monday, October 23, 2017

#129 "Vintage" 14x11 Oil on linen panel

This is our new/old 1967 Airstream Caravel. As of today, we still haven't picked it up as a result of the interior bathroom is being painted and a new awning has yet to be installed. I did get to pull it to the AAA to have it registered! Was a bit nervous but it pulls so smoothly, you really don't know its there!

This is the first of many paintings of this and other Airstreams I hope to paint. It's so fun and challenging  to paint the reflective surface. It will take a while to get the exact effect I'm looking for but this is #1.

This vintage trailer was found in Oklahoma back in September. As you will see, it was in pretty rough shape. We bought it in this condition as Kenny, assured us that when he was finished it would look quite different. Have to say he was right!

Here's a short video of some of our travels! https://youtu.be/t2j4rrUuRJw


UpdateI My painting of Vintage was selected for the 2018 fall issue of Airstream Life!

  









1 comment:

Tom Cochrun said...

That's cool! You nailed the shine and reflection. I can't wait to see it for real.