Contact me at:

Saturday, January 9, 2016

# 109 "My Romance" 11x14 oil on linen panel


"My Romance" 11x14 on linen panel
My long time friend Larry Bridges is completing his album, "My Romance." He sent me a photo and asked me if it were something I'd like to paint. I "think" it's finished. Pretty happy with the results now that I've spent some time with it. 

I've had a difficult time photographing this one. Can't seem to get it into focus and the skin tones aren't represented as they really are. Will probably try again later after I look at if for awhile longer and make any changes that I feel are necessary.  I'm extremely happy with the logs! They were done entirely with a pallet knife to give it real texture in contrast to the overall relative softness of the remainder of the painting. 

When Larry's album is completed I will attach   an mp3 of the title track. 
Worked from this photo


2 comments:

Tom Cochrun said...

Jim-
The painting has a nice vibe. Romantic. Those drift wood logs are very realistic! Nice texture.

Fred DeCanio said...

I love this painting. Jim is able to invoke
the gentlist, yet profound emotions in his work. My eyes, of course, first went to the couple,then to the bird in the sky and then I allowed myself to enjoy the emotion reflected that goes beyond simple romance.