Contact me at:

Friday, September 18, 2015

#108 "BB and Lucille" 20x16 oil on linen panel




"BB and Lucille" 20x16 oil on linen panel
I decided to buy a decent easel. Like most things, if you have the right equipment, it just makes the job easier! This new David Sorg studio easel does just that. It also allows me to easily paint using larger canvas sizes. 

My first painting on the new easel is a 16x20 oil of "BB and Lucille." I thought I would include a couple of shots of the process. This painting was perhaps my greatest challenge so far. I certainly didn't realize it until I started slapping paint. I did it upside down which helped. There were so many challenges so I tried to solve them one by one. Each day I took it home and looked at it. Each day something bothered me so back I went. I think this will stay as is. One thing I can say, I can tell you things I didn't do wrong for a change! I'm overall very happy with it but it's always a quest for something better. It's a sickness!!!



Day one

Day two
Day Three Morning
Day Three Afternoon








1 comment:

Tom Cochrun said...

Fascinating and instructive post. Great painting!