Contact me at:

Friday, February 27, 2015

#102 "Three Pieces of Fruit" 5x7 oil on canvas

"Three Pieces of Fruit" 5x7 oil on canvas
Taking a workshop tomorrow so I went in to my studio to get some supplies and decided to do a quick still life of three pieces of fruit. The reason I really like doing these is because of the shadows and the ability to control the composition. Composition is always a challenge. Probably will go back in and tone down that reflection on the green apple and a couple of other minor adjustments. 

This was really fun! Looking forward to the works shop, Reimagining Paul Jean Martel (1879-1944):
A painting workshop with California Art Club member Rodolfo Rivademar.

This is my first workshop ever and I'm nervous but excited. In April I travel back to New Harmony, Indiana for a 4 day work shop with Scot Christensen. 

Will be taking this workshop and can't wait! Plein Aire is a real challenge for me.

http://www.christensenstudio.com/Artist.asp?ArtistID=40189&Akey=72569C3T


                                                                           
For information regarding purchase please go to:
http://jim-cahill.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html


                                                                            

No comments: