Contact me at:

Friday, August 20, 2010

#34 "Another Look at Selma's Living Room"

While at the TC Steele home in Nashville, Indiana this past spring (2010), I decided to do some more interior shots of the living room. The lighting is so dramatic. My first painting of "Selma's Living Room" (#22) won a 4th place at the Indiana State Fair during the summer of 2010. This is the view from the other end of the living room. I have some more shots that I would like to paint in the future. Maybe one outside???


Critique from, "Paintings I Love"

Stunning, stunning, stunning!! Your palette and those thick and wondrous textures are such a joy!! Am esp. enchanted with the gloooooorious "olde worlde" look: This room could have been in my beloved old Grannie's beeeeeeautiful, old (300 years+)home in Bristol, England - right down to the look of the drapery, the furniture aaaand those soft and lovely peaches and pinks!! Adooooore this!! 5*++++++ Hugs, Charlotte

1 comment:

Deborah Weir said...

This is like something out of Dickens! Moody, creepy, very evocative.